Chaucer is a boutique management consultancy that supports the growth and transformation initiatives for some of the leading global firms in Financial Services, Pharmaceutical and Oil & Gas, and Tech & Telco.
Group Commercial Accountant
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference, by shaping how financial information will be used and shared, managing relationships across Chaucer, providing guidance and analysis to Directors, Consultants, Commercial, Sales and HR. The main purpose of the role will be to ensure that we have an efficient order cash cycle so that we can continue our stellar growth. You will also support in the development of new financial metrics and tools to support financial reporting, profitability growth, pricing and innovation to maximise profitability. Automating and simplifying current financial reporting and adapting to stakeholder usage will also be key.
The role holder will be required to build strong working relationships with stakeholders across the firm, deliver strong financial business partnering to UK practice groups, demonstrate a high level of professional expertise and insight into the commercial context of the firm, and build and manage a nascent team.
The role will be located in the mid-Kent region (high speed connections).
- Develop financial and risk analysis to help good decision making
- Responsible for cadence around revenue recognition process
- Provide key insights regarding commercial analysis and profitability. Challenge to improve our current ways of working
- Take ownership of the financial and reporting elements of our Professional Services Automation tool (Kimble) which captures all information on our engagements including sales pipeline, resourcing, time and expense management, profitability, forecasting and cash-flow
- Manage billing, credit control, time and expenses process, sub-contractor spend, client contracts and purchase orders, cash-flow forecasting
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting cycle
- Bid support, including pricing and cashflow/profit forecasting over multiple years.
- Provide guidance on continuous improvement of client purchase to pay process
- Work alongside operational teams in developing client account plans and associated financial forecasts.
- Partner with Commercials Lead to provide insightful and meaningful financial analysis to new contractual and commercial terms and contract renewals
- Work closely with Account teams to increase their understanding of the financial implications of business decisions
- Manage, support and develop a team
- Any Commercial and Financial analysis and project reporting
- Responsible for overseeing production of monthly project management reporting for the executive and internal operating boards
- Assist with developing profit improvement plans for client accounts
- Client required reporting
- Key skills Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with proven industry experience, professional services/consulting ideal
- Strong Project Accounting background
- Strong commercial focus
- Excellent presentational and analytical skills
- Capable of building relationships with both finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, and flexible enough to respond to the demands of a growing and non-hierarchical organisation
- Strong Excel skills and Business Intelligence tools such as Microsoft PowerBi