Chaucer is a 30-year-old boutique management consultancy built on pragmatism, collaboration, and taking a hands-on approach to solving our clients’ problems and adding value to their businesses. By drawing on an individual's strengths, creativity and passion, the consulting team is able to produce results that last.
Since our MBO in 2014 we have grown a lot as a business, but are able to maintain the same 'family feel' of our earlier days. Our client list boasts some of the world’s most recognizable name brands but we have more opportunities for people to develop and more space for them to carve that path out in a way that suits their development needs.
Due to our unprecedented growth we seek a Regional (UK & EU) HR Business Partner who will support Chaucer by advising on a wide range of Strategic and tactical issues that impact a growing business.
Specifically, the Regional HRBP will work with the Global Head of HR to establish a truly world class global HR organization that is able to meet current and future business objectives, support a growing and diverse workforce and assist in the creation of the firm wide reporting.
PAYROLL, PERSONNEL & BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION
- Leads the UK benefit review and implementation process; negotiates with vendors and brokers
- Researches and recommends alternative Pension and benefit schemes, as and when appropriate
- Keeps abreast with UK and EU employment, benefit, pension and other legislation.
- Interprets legislation and provides recommendations and best practices based on research.
- Reviews, develops and updates existing policies. Implements new policies as necessary
- Manages payroll function in line with the requirements of company policy and relevant regulations
- Administers all employee benefits (Pensions, Medical Insurance, Mortgage Subsidies, Bonuses, etc.) as well as annual salary review and bonus awards.
- Manages personnel administration including personnel files, attendance, sickness records and maintenance of personnel information on the payroll and personnel systems.
- Administers full employee lifecycle process, including (but not limited to) generating employee contract, managing performance improvement process, promotions, salary reviews, leave of absence, and termination
- Maintains ownership of HRIS system; ensures that HRIS and employee files are updated and compliant with policies and law
RECRUITMENT & INDUCTION
- Ensures that induction plans are in place for new employees
- Assists in the creation and iteration of, ensure its alignment with company policy & procedures, and delivers Induction Programme
- Researches and analyses induction best practices; suggests and tests changes to induction programme as appropriate
- Assesses current performance appraisal process
- Researches industry practices and proposes solutions to gaps or inconsistencies
- Develops, tracks compliance with and manages current performance appraisal system and other aspects of performance management process
- Ensures that recommendations and problems highlighted in appraisal are addressed
- Advises line managers and employees on HR policies and procedure and provides recommendations on application of same
- Expeditiously responds to requests from line managers for advice and information on employment law, discipline and grievance issues, performance issues, contract issues, maternity and other leave.
- In conjunction with line managers, advices on the promotion and salary review process
- Responsible for disciplinary process and grievance cases, dismissals, redundancies and employment tribunals.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Alongside the L&D Lead, establishes and evaluates Training and Development requirements for staff.
- Continuously improves development initiatives to assist managers in raising the capabilities of staff.
- Works with managers to understand gaps and training needs and liaises with providers to assess capabilities and offerings.
- Maintains staff training records.
HEALTH AND SAFETY WELFARE
- Appointed 'competent person' with overall responsibility for Health and Safety.
- Responsibilities include Fire Officer duties and monitoring employee compliance with H&S policies.
- Implements wellbeing initiatives
- Periodic review of Staff Handbook and Terms and Conditions of Employment to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Periodic review of benefits; conduct competitive analysis and advise on best practices
The Successful Applicant
- Understands the business objectives and individual client groups business plans to be able to challenge and influence senior management and key stakeholders
- Works with the business to develop a high performance, high trust organisational culture
- Partners with the recruitment and learning teams to deliver effective recruitment solutions and develop key initiatives such as talent management
- Develops an understanding of workforce characteristics, skills shortages and recruitment challenges within their business area; supports initiatives to overcome these and facilitate the recruitment and on-boarding of key personnel.
- Develop the HR understanding and capability across managers and leaders within their customer group.
- Ensure HR MI and survey data is fully utilised, action plans implemented and changes embedded.
- Strong knowledge of UK and EU employment and benefits legislation
Background, Education and Experience
- 7+ years of HR business partnering experience at a senior level
- University Degree; Master’s preferred
- CIPD qualification
- An ability to work without supervision, to be proactive and to use initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential along with the ability to deal with all levels of staff with tact and patience and to translate current employment legislation into policy and practice.
- Ability to handle confidential issues with confidence and care.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office) with working knowledge of computerised payroll systems and Advanced Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of HRIS systems; SalesForce strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in a client facing HR role, that involves advising, coaching and facilitating line management and leadership teams on generalist HR issues
- Solid expertise in HR technical proficiencies and core HR competencies with experience in coaching, employee development and driving process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix team environment
- A strong sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to execute initiatives in a timely manner with high quality.
- Strong business acumen; Excellent ability to manage stakeholders at all levels and build trusting relationships
- Strong leadership, integration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Significant, in-depth experience and knowledge across all HR disciplines, including engagement and L&D.
- Excellent Employment Law knowledge and the ability to facilitate practical and timely solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail; highly organised