The Chaucer Group has been supporting global clients across the energy, life science and financial service sectors for almost 30 years. Our clients are continuously changing and we understand the challenges that change brings to technology, processes, people, culture and behaviors. We employ experienced consultants who work side-by-side with our clients to deliver results-driven programs across every function and discipline. We serve as our clients’ trusted partner to ensure that even the most complex initiatives are delivered successfully. We excel in advisory and delivery services for complex technology and data-driven change. Our Program Delivery Excellence framework and business improvement mind-set combine to deliver outstanding results over the long term. Our program management and change management consultants focus on delivering value that will generate sustainable and tangible benefits.
We are looking for outstanding candidates to help support the growth of our firm. We seek professionals who have demonstrated high academic/professional achievement, leadership, communication skills, and have a strong interest in consulting. From a cultural perspective, we look for individuals who possess the following qualities that will contribute to our success and the success of our clients:
- Entrepreneurial spirit: We seek individuals who enjoy contributing to the growth of an organization and who show commitment to the success of their team.
- Problem solving skills: Have well-honed analytical skills coupled with business acumen to structure problems, deliver solutions and communicate insights.
- Drive: ambitious, energetic, enjoy a fast pace environment and thrive in taking on responsibility.
The individual in this role will support the businesses and leadership teams by identifying and evaluating internal communications needs, developing communication plans in support of business objectives and executing on these plans. Leveraging a variety of channels and employing associated metrics, the individual in this role will foster overall message consistency and effectiveness in support of an engaged, empowered and capable workforce.
- Understand the business strategies and objectives of client business(es)
- Develop a detailed communications plan with clear messages for each of the businesses that connects the strategy to communications tactics. Leverage appropriate channels to reach audiences with clear metrics in place to gauge effectiveness.
- This role will require significant leadership presence and the ability to juggle multiple requests from key stakeholders. The individual will be expected to deliver the ongoing communications requirements of respective leadership teams and the broader business, including developing a themed communications calendar and messaging plan that is regularly reviewed with the leadership team of each business. These messages should be embedded into meetings, scripts, and other channels as appropriate.
- Serve as an advisor for other business communications, including business updates, and organization announcements.
- Manage communications for strategically sensitive issues.
- Demonstrate and make recommendations on the effectiveness of internal communications by using appropriate measurement tools to implement changes to communication approaches for continuous improvement.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the U.S. Internal Communications organization for consistent and efficient communications and work processes.
Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism or related field preferred.
Essential experience and job requirements
- 3-7 years broad Communication experience covering strategy, planning, content creation, delivery and measurement with extensive practical experience in internal communications.
- Strong track record of written communication and proven experience in channel strategy and management.
- Demonstrated skills working with leadership.
- Demonstrated capability working in a matrix environment with strong track record of building and managing relationships.
- Comms development, Dotpoint, newsletters, PowerPoint, graphics etc at the VP/CIO level.
- Social media / Yammer