Chaucer is recognized by the FT as one of the UK’s leading digital transformation management consultancies, delivering high quality consulting engagements to blue chip clients in heavily regulated industries. Our US teams have built solid and lasting relationships with several of the worlds leading organizations. To achieve our growth & strategy, we are exploring partnerships with technology companies, developing IP, expanding into new client sectors, and developing brand-specific solutions based on successful previous assignments, in addition to continuing to do what we do best - delivering technology and data driven change. Essentially, it is all about growing the right way, moving toward the next MBO, and having the right people onboard to be a part of that.
To help us achieve this, we are looking to engage an experienced senior level consultant. We are growing and need people with a background in delivery of large & complex technology and/or data-driven transformation and change programs. Specifically, we are looking for a talented PM/Agile Delivery Lead with specific experience in the Finance discipline (preferably in the Oil & Gas Business Planning and Performance management area).
The Project Manager will be responsible for working with the product owner and product stakeholders to understand and manage the delivery of the solution. The product roadmap includes a number of data focused tools and solutions, being delivered via web apps, PowerBI , the Azure stack or Role based technologies and Data Science.
S/he will lead/facilitate one or more global agile scrum teams, so duties will include facilitating daily scrum stand-ups, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives and planning meetings. The Agile Delivery Lead will also be expected to help the team demonstrate incremental deployments to the business. Understanding and experience of implementing and coaching Agile and DevOps principles is an essential requirement.
The Agile Delivery Lead will work closely with all scrum team members, particularly the service lines team members as well as Developers, QA Engineers, Data Modeler / Engineer , Data Analysts and Data Scientists. Responsibilities include helping others in the team as and when required including resolving blockers and impediments. The Agile Delivery Lead is expected to have the technical knowledge in implementing solutions, understanding integration points and being able to either challenge developers or help them in exploring alternative solutions.
The Agile Delivery Lead will ideally possess the following key skills:
- Managing and highlighting risks and removing delivery blockers to achieve success.
- Experience of delivery using a variety of project management techniques, however at the heart of our offering is Agile so an in-depth knowledge of delivery using Agile is essential
- Facilitator for the relevant ceremonies and have experience of using task management tools such as VSTS.
- Be able to decipher technical jargon and potentially be ‘hands-on’ with certain delivery tasks.
- Be a self-starter, motivated and be able to motivate.
- Able to ensure that teams are actively working towards a no surprises delivery.
- Anticipate and eliminate obstacles and blockers, be adaptable and resilient, have a high attention to detail and be adaptable whilst solving problems.
- Be able to communicate effectively and with different audiences, be able to manage upwardly and downwardly to a variety of stakeholders – from teams of Engineers, Product Owners and Analysts, to key representatives elsewhere in the business and outside of the delivery team. Simultaneous engagement in various initiatives and achieves success.
- Helping the product owner(s) to define the product backlog by consulting members of the stakeholder and scrum teams. This is an ongoing activity throughout the life-cycle of the product. This will include:
- Close collaboration with the analyst community in completing requirements definition within time and estimate constraints.
- Collaboration with system and architects to ensure alignment and knowledge sharing
- Use a variety of elicitation and workshop techniques to identify and map out business domains, identify problems and articulate opportunities which will provide business benefit;
- Provide clear actionable advice and recommendations, based on expertise, knowledge and hands-on experience, that helps clients and teams to overcome their business challenges with the use of digital technologies and best-practices in Agile software delivery;\
- Support the delivery team by organizing the backlog and making sure that each sprint delivers the value to the business;
- Confidently take ownership of achieving results for your clients and your team – by doing and by coaching – while working in changeable environments without supervision.
- Work with Scrum team to estimate # of points for user stories and contribute to the prioritization of work.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years of Agile Delivery Lead/Scrum Lead/Agile experience
- Good knowledge of required functional domain and/or appropriate toolsets (Finance discipline preferably in Oil & Gas Business Planning and Performance management area)
- Experience in delivering mid -large scale projects to multiple business units and/or multiple geographies
- Good documentation skills
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in one complex or in multiple simple areas
- Rapidly absorbs new technical information and applies it effectively
- Develops and applies a breadth of knowledge of technical skills and applications and their link to relevant areas of the business
- Determines actual impact of business and IT decision on infrastructure and applications
- Works well with developers, data analysts, UX designers and associate skill sets within a typical scrum team
- Must have technical experience to challenge the development team resources to propose best possible solutions based on the constraints.